Franchesca – Swimming

On Tuesday we started our swimming lessons at CLM pools. We went there by  bus.  Our swimming coach was so nice and we learned very quickly. Some of our classmates didn’t want to go for a swim so they just sat and watched. Then we walked up the stairs and put our goggles on so we could see underwater.  It was fun on the first day.

The next day was the same. I was thinking that the girls could always go first but the boys went first this time. We had Room 6 girls with us and the Room 7 boys had Room 6 boys with them. Once we were in the pools,  I listened to the coach as she was teaching us new swimming skills.

Then on Thursday morning we went to Pakuranga Intermediate for Technicraft.  While waiting for the bus to come, we started to wear a mask so the bus driver couldn’t get sick. When we arrived there,  we said thank you to the bus driver.

I was feeling excited to be back at school because of the swimming lessons. We quickly got changed into our swimming gear in room 8. After that, we ate our lunch at the bottom court then played for a while waiting for our bus to take us to the pools.

The last day of swimming lessons was so much fun because  we had to go on the rubber boats with five swimmers at a time. We sat on the edge of the boat with our life jacket on. The coach rocked the boat to make us feel as if we were going through a stormy sea. Then the  coach pushed us one by one  into the water. I felt a little bit scared  but after she pushed me backwards and I got out of the water fine, I felt okay. 

I’m looking forward to next year’s swimming lessons so I can improve my swimming skills.

By Franchesca Batac 2023