My life story

This is my life story. My name is  Francesca and I come from the Philippines. When I was a child, I was very naughty and my mother talked to me about not  being naughty and being a good sister to my brothers. I miss the Philippines and I miss the food there too!

I arrived in New Zealand last year with my whole family. I go to St Patrick’s School now. You know I like New Zealand better now because the teachers  here are so nice and they don’t give us homework. I also like that it’s cold here in New Zealand although I still like the weather in the Philippines. You know that it’s hot in the Philippines all year round.The food in the Philippines is delicious. My favourite food is bitter gourd. It’s bitter but I love it! 

Five years ago, my dad decided to come to New Zealand. We cried when we said goodbye to him at the airport. I felt very sad but I know that dad was going to New Zealand because we needed money for the family.

We would call my dad on the phone almost everyday. Luckily our grandmother and grandfather lived close to us so everyday we would visit them and bring them food  and eat with them. Then we would play with our cousins later on.

During weekdays our mom would take us to school and we just walked to get there and she would come back to pick us up in the afternoon.

School there was hard because we had to do homework  every night.

Then we heard good news that my dad could finally bring us to New Zealand. All of us felt very very happy. We started preparing to come to New Zealand. When we were on the aeroplane my mom and I were just sleeping because we felt dizzy while my dad and my brothers were just eating and watching movies all the way to New Zealand.

My family and I are happy here in New Zealand. I love my new life here.